Why selling in January could be a good idea? if you are thinking of selling your Lecrin Valley Property, Lanjaron Property or Ogiva Property in January? Let’s take a quick look at reasons this may be a good idea.
- There is less competition from other sellers in the market – Because the housing market tends to be slower in the winter months, there are typically fewer homes for sale. This means that your home will have less competition from other properties and may stand out to buyers more.
- Buyers who are shopping in the winter months are often more serious and motivated to purchase – Many buyers who are shopping for homes in the winter are doing so because they have a specific need, such as needing to move for a job or wanting to close on a home before the end of their tax year, especially foreign buyers. These buyers are often more serious and motivated to purchase, which can result in a quicker sale.
- It is easier to stage and show a home during the winter months – During the winter months, there are fewer distractions outside, such as leaves on the trees or flowers in bloom. This can make it easier to stage and show your home, as buyers will be able to focus more on the features of your home rather than being distracted by the outdoors.
- Winter buyers may be more flexible on price and willing to negotiate – Because the housing market tends to be slower in the winter, buyers may be more willing to negotiate on price in order to close on a home. This can be especially true for buyers who are motivated to purchase for a specific reason, such as needing a permanent home to live in
- Interest rates are currently at historically low levels. Interest rates on mortgages are still at historically low levels compared to the average and still making it an attractive time for buyers. Many buyers are looking to take advantage of this with fixed rates before they rise any further.
- You have more control over the timing of the sale – By listing your home for sale in January, you have more control over the timing of the sale. You are not competing with the influx of new listings that typically come on the market in the spring, which can give you a head start in the selling process.
- You may be able to get a head start on your moving plans – If you sell your home in January, you will have more time to find your next home and make any necessary moving plans. This can be especially beneficial if you have a specific timeline in mind for your move.
- Many people set resolutions to make positive changes in the new year – Buying a new home is a common resolution for many people who are thinking of moving abroad, as it represents a positive change and a new beginning. By listing your home for sale in January, you may be able to capitalise on this trend and attract buyers who are looking to make a change in the new year.
- If you are planning to list your home for sale in the spring, getting a head start in the winter can give you a jump on the competition. This can potentially result in a quicker sale, as you will be able to attract buyers who are already in the market and ready to purchase.
- You can benefit from the winter season itself – The winter season can be a unique selling point for your home. For example, being located close to the Sierra Nevada ski resort or if you have a lovely fireplace, these features may be particularly appealing to buyers who are looking to enjoy winter sports or cosying up by the fire. By highlighting these features in your listing and marketing materials, you may be able to attract buyers who are specifically looking for a home that is well-suited to the winter season.
Overall there are lots of advantages to listing your home for sale in January rather than waiting until the Spring time. When dealing with a wide range of international buyers across our global network, the reasons that people are moving are often different depending on the location that they are in. For example, the Southern Hemisphere is enjoying the summer right now, which might feel odd for those of us here in Spain looking at the snow-topped mountains right now. Just one of the reasons that having access to a full international network is so important when it comes to selling your property for the best price in today’s market.
If you would like some personalised advice about your property just get in touch today and we will be happy to help you.
For more article like this about selling yourLecrin Valley property, Orgiva Properties or Lanjaron Property, just click here